A/W Baking: Cinnamon Spiced Cupcakes!

This is my favourite time of year to bake, because of the amazing spices available to use. My absolute favourites are ginger and cinnamon and you can make a whole array of things, but cupcakes have and always will be my favourite things to bake. I woke up in an inspired mood and decided to make my own Cinnamon Spiced Cupcakes with a Cinnamon and Salted Caramel Buttercream icing. It sounds like a huge mess of random ingredients but it tastes absolutely amazing, and so Autumnal!


For the Cupcake mixture:
  • 110g of Butter
  • 110g of Caster Sugar
  • 110g of Self Raising Flour
  • 2 Medium Eggs
  • 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
  • 1-2 tsp of Milk
  • 1 tbsp of Ground Cinnamon
For the Buttercream Icing:
  • 140g of Butter
  • 280g of Icing Sugar
  • 1-2 tsp of Milk
  • 1 tbsp of Ground Cinnamon
  • Salted Caramel drops (I got mine from Tesco)


These are so straightforward to make, if you know how to make a simple cupcake recipe and buttercream recipe, you just add some little extra's to make them taste more autumnal.


 I saw these golden metallic foil cases in Tesco also and decided to pick them up as they give a little more of an autumnal look to the cupcakes. I am really happy with how these turned out considering they were just a 'use what you've got' sort of bake. I also used a little cinnamon sprinkled over the top to make them look extra pretty. The salted Caramel crunch pieces work perfectly in adding a little something else, and the salted caramel and cinnamon really compliment eachother.


Please do let me know what your favourite Autumn/Winter inspired bakes are, as I am always open to trying new things!

Lol x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram