Terry's Chocolate Orange Cupcakes


It was my other half's sister's birthday yesterday, and her favourite treat is Terry's Chocolate Orange, and I mean by favourite, the whole thing is demolished before anyone else can get their hands on it. I decided to make her these as an extra birthday treat. It's the simplest recipe, but they make delicious cupcakes!



What you will need:

Cupcake ingredients
  • Cocoa Powder - 40g
  • Eggs - 3
  • Unsalted Butter - 175g
  • Caster Sugar - 165g
  • Self Raising Flour - 115g
  • Baking Powder - 1tsp
  • Boiling Water - 4tbsp
This recipe is Mary Berry's Chocolate cupcake recipe, and is the best by far. They turn out amazingly moist if you follow the correct measurements. Click here for the method to baking these cupcakes.

Chocolate icing ingredients

  • Icing Sugar - 300g
  • Unsalted Butter - 100g
  • Cocoa Powder - 40g
  • Milk - 40ml
  • Milk Chocolate - a good few chunks (melted)
I love the BBC Good Food website, and it is the first website I go to when looking for a simple recipe. Click here for the method to making this icing. 

Other

  • Large Cupcake/Muffin cases (Mine are from Tesco)
  • Terry's Chocolate Orange 
  • Icing Pipe



I was in two minds about adding orange flavouring to the cupcakes, but I thought that might have been a bit too much, so stayed with the original chocolate. I simple piped the chocolate on the cupcakes once they had fully cooled down, and added the Terry's Chocolate Orange slices on top of the icing before it had set. I love these cupcakes and I think they look, and taste gorgeous! They are so easy to make, and so worth it!

Lol x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram